Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Volunteer Services Coordinator – Full Time
Director of Volunteer Services
Family & Children’s Service (FCS) is a social service agency with 13 programs and services dedicated to improving the lives of the vulnerable in the community. FCS is the oldest private nonprofit social service agency in Monmouth County, serving the community for more than 112 years. FCS is a leading volunteer organization.
Through its sponsorship of the Americorps Seniors RSVP program, FCS’ Volunteer Services provides volunteer opportunities for residents of Monmouth County aged 55+ to address the needs of families, children, and seniors in our community. We are seeking a full-time Volunteer Services Coordinator to provide comprehensive coordination support for our programs served by 100+ volunteers. Successful candidates will possess excellent organizational, writing, and leadership skills along with the ability to work and communicate with community leaders and the senior population. The ideal candidate has both volunteer and program management experience.
- Serve as the main point of contact for volunteers and partner sites across the county.
- Organize volunteer programs including schedules, volunteer assignments, and delivery of supplies/materials for each program. Provide additional support when volunteers are not available.
- Manage volunteers including initial screening, onboarding, training, ongoing supervision, and maintaining documentation of hours served.
- Responsible for the ongoing assessment and revision of program materials under the guidance of the Director of Volunteer Services.
- Networks in the community to promote programs and volunteer opportunities, including attendance at community events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years administrative responsibilities.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to work independently on multiple projects, and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must possess excellent written communication skills and be competent in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, sensitively, and compassionately.
- Must have two years of proven administrative assistant experience.
- Must have a valid New Jersey driver’s license and an available, insured, motor vehicle.
- Must agree to be fingerprinted and have background check.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19 to meet requirements of program partner sites.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings required.
Experience and Education:
- High School Degree (Associate degree or bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Volunteer management experience, particularly working with the senior population, in recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers (Preferred)
This job operates in a professional office and field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Majority of work is of light to medium duty, which requires standing, sitting, bending, speaking, hearing, manual dexterity and near visual acuity. Use of a personal vehicle and the ability to drive a car is expected. Seeing, smelling, repetitive motion and lifting bags of books or similar objects are required for this position.