Supportive Care Aide - Non-Exempt/Per Diem
Home Care Department
Provide non-personal, supportive care to patients in their place of residence, under the plan of care established by the RN.
- Prepares nutritious meals and assists with set-up of meals, as necessary.
- Supervises the patient when walking, standing, or sitting. The patient must be independent in mobility and in performing personal care (dressing, bathing, oral hygiene, hair care).
- Performs light housekeeping (changing linen, dusting, vacuuming, washing dishes, cleaning
bathrooms) in order to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Washes and folds laundry to provide clean clothing and linen for the patient.
- Reminds a self-directed patient to take prescribed medication. At no time shall the Supportive Care Aide administer medicine.
- Accompanies the patient outside the home for walks, errands or Physician's appointments and provides companionship.
- Maintains chronological written records of work performed and reports to the Director of Nursing any changes in the patient's condition or any problems that may arise.
- Prepares for emergencies by having the telephone numbers for police/fire/paramedics in close proximity.
- Maintains the home in an optimum state of cleanliness and safety depending upon family resources.
- Assists in the care of children, as applicable.
- Performs the duties and responsibilities as instructed by a Registered Nurse, which include written instructions about the patients' needs and how to recognize conditions that need to be reported.
- Any other duties as required.
- GED or HS Diploma
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively
FCS offers benefits which include: comprehensive medical/dental, vision benefits, employer-match 403(b) retirement plan, PTO program, Holiday pay and much more. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Please complete the following application for: Certified Home Health Aide