Adult Protective Service Social Worker Non-Exempt/Full-Time
Adult Protective Service Department
Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
FCS (Family & Children’s Service) strengthens, protects and preserves the dignity and independence of people in need. With 110 years of history, FCS is the oldest, private nonprofit social service agency in Monmouth County and a leading volunteer organization. Our busy Monmouth County based agency is seeking a full-time social worker for our Middlesex office, to provide direct services to vulnerable adults living in the community who are subject to abuse, neglect and exploitation. Individual must have strong social work skills, be willing to work with a varied population and be comfortable performing home visits. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, an excellent communicator and a team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related Social Service field required
- At least two years of experience in protective services or social work preferred.
- Experience in geriatric social work preferred.
- Manage a caseload of 15+ cases of vulnerable adults
- Investigate allegations of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation
- Have demonstrable work habits such as good organizational skills, punctuality, respect for clients, ability to manage time appropriately.
- Possess knowledge of human development, mental health, and interpersonal interaction.
- Have the ability to accept and utilize supervision.
- Possess ability to empathize with and advocate for clients of varying socio and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic legal limitations that ensure client self-determination and privacy while not risking social worker liability.
- Comfortable coordinating with client stakeholders
- Must be willing to complete home visits and respond to emergency situations.
- Must have a valid New Jersey driver’s license and an available, insured, motor vehicle.
- Must be computer literate.
FCS offers benefits which include: comprehensive medical/dental, vision benefits, employer-match 403(b) retirement plan, PTO program, Holiday pay and much more. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Please complete the following application for: Adult Protective Service Social Worker (Middlesex)